Now Hiring! Two Full-Time Job Openings
LPC Furniture has two full-time job openings that could be the ideal opportunity for the right candidate. We are searching for a front-of-house Sales Assistant to join our retail team and we’re also offering a Furniture Finishing Apprenticeship within our workshop crew. Scroll down for details on the individual roles and how to apply:
Here at LPC Furniture we care about investing our time now in the best staff of tomorrow. We rely on our customer service, our quality furniture and reputation to compete with the big boxed companies. With nearly 30 years behind us, LPC Furniture is going from strength to strength and we’re excited to add another sales advisor to our growing team.
This role entails more than just selling furniture to customers. As with the rest of our staff, you’ll be expected to wear many hats as every day is different.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work in a team to share ideas and suggestions to help colleagues, customers and store performance.
- Know your products well (training will be provided), learn our in-store promotions/events and promote them – the more info we can give our customers the better.
- Handle basic customer complaints and escalates confidently as appropriate through the various channels (phone/email in person).
- Build excellent relationships with all our customers by fully understanding their needs and matching the right products to customers’ requirements.
- Moving furniture and creating displays in our showrooms as well as helping and attending with roadshows and county fair exhibitions when required.
- Keeping the showroom clean and tidy, general housekeeping.
- Administrate tasks such as emailing, photocopying, scanning documents and inputting relevant data, using various software (Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Retail System) – training will be provided.
Please note you will need a driving licence and own a car in order to flexibly work at any of our 4 shops (Morecambe, Lancaster, Kendal and Windermere) when necessary.
Wage dependant on age and experience.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a sunny personality, a positive and enthusiastic nature and most importantly strong communication skills. We’re all about working together as one great team, swapping roles when need be to help each other out, able to rely on each other.
In addition to being a great socialiser (both in person and over the phone), you’ll be competent using a computer (OS Windows 7+) with a willingness to learn new software.
Although naturally working 9-5, 5 days a week, you’ll put the customer’s needs first and stay after hours when necessary. Due to the nature of retail business, you will work a varied schedule including weekends and bank holidays. Previous experience is not essential, as training can be given. Flexibility is a must.
Get In Touch:
If you see yourself as the focused, flexible and friendly staff member we’re after, then send a CV and cover letter addressed to Pam Hinchliffe to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 25th September 2015. We look forward to hearing from you.
Furniture Finisher Apprentice
Here at LPC Furniture we care about investing our time now in the best staff of tomorrow. We rely on our customer service, our quality furniture and reputation to compete with the big boxed companies. With nearly 30 years behind us, LPC Furniture is going from strength to strength and we’re excited to take on another apprentice in our growing workshop team.
This role entails more than just waxing and staining furniture. As with the rest of our workshop, you’ll be expected to wear many hats as every day is different.
A furniture finisher applies stain, lacquer, paint, oil and varnish to furniture, and polishes and waxes finished furniture surfaces. Based at our Morecambe Workshop you will be trained to:
- Examine and disassemble furniture to determine the extent of damage or deterioration and the best method for repair or restoration.
- Repair broken parts and fill cracks and imperfections.
- Apply finishing process by hand held spray guns and other various spraying equipment.
- Lacquer and stain wooden furniture in a variety of sheen levels.
- Apply a paint finish to products in a wide variety of colours and sheen level to job specification.
- Recommend woods, colours, finishes, and furniture styles.
On completion of training, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification. You will also be expected to help in other areas of the workshop, including on deliveries. Moving furniture and helping to load/unload vehicles will also be a large part of your job.
Working hours are 8-5, Monday to Friday, with bank holidays off. You may be needed to attend after hours meetings or occasional roadshow events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Finished school, aged 16-19, looking for a hands-on career.
- Conscientious and hard-working, can be left alone to complete duties.
- Keenness to learn and use tools and equipment to perform tasks requiring precision.
- The ability to follow established procedures and listen to your colleagues.
- Common sense and good judgement with great decision-making skills.
- Punctual with a reliable nature is crucial.
- Work brilliantly as part of a team, friendly manner and cheerfulness essential!
No experience necessary, as full training will be provided. We’re all about working together as one great team, swapping roles when need be to help each other out, able to rely on each other. This would be a great opportunity for someone just out of school wanting to work in their local area, gaining various valuable skills in a variety of roles.
Get In Touch:
If you’re good-humoured, hard-working and looking to gain valuable skills in a job working with your hands, then send a CV and cover letter addressed to Pam Hinchliffe to: email@example.com. Deadline: 25th September 2015. We look forward to hearing from you.