Now Hiring! Apprentice Interior Designer
We’re Hiring: Apprentice Interior Designer
Here at LPC Furniture we care about investing our time now in the best staff of tomorrow. We rely on our customer service, our quality furniture and reputation to compete with the big boxed companies. With nearly 30 years behind us, LPC Furniture is going from strength to strength and we’re excited to add another role to our growing team.
This Interior Design role entails working in retail and advising customers, initially alongside the owner of the business, Pam, at our new Windermere store to ensure the smooth running of our shop whilst working towards a nationally recognized qualification.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Know your products well (training will be provided), learn our in-store promotions/events and promote them – the more info we can give our customers the better.
- Create kitchen/living/bedroom layouts using 3D software.
- Production of conceptual design ideas, undertaking research and development of various interior style designs.
- Handle basic customer complaints and escalates confidently as appropriate through the various channels (phone/email in person).
- Build excellent relationships with all our customers by fully understanding their needs and matching the right products to customers’ requirements.
- Moving furniture and creating displays in our showrooms as well as helping and attending with roadshows and county fair exhibitions when required.
- Keeping the showroom clean and tidy, general housekeeping.
This would be a great opportunity for someone just out of school wanting to work in their local area, gain excellent transferable skills, real varied work experience in the retail furniture business as well as being paid to complete a course in Interior Design.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You’ve finished college, and eager to gain qualifications whilst working full time at our Windermere shop. You have a sunny personality, strong communication skills and most importantly willing to learn. We’re all about working together as one great team, swapping roles when need be to help each other out, able to rely on each other.
In addition to being a great socialiser (both in person and over the phone), you’ll be interested in interior design and passionately research into the latest current home interior trends. You frequently use Pinterest and read interior design magazines for fun!
Being flexible, efficient and good at multitasking as well as being keen to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
Although naturally working 9-5, 5 days a week, you’ll put the customer’s needs first and stay after hours when necessary. Due to the nature of retail business, you will work a varied schedule including weekends and bank holidays. No experience is necessary, as we will provide full training.
Get In Touch:
If you see yourself a budding-interior designer and the friendly, focused staff member we’re after, then send a CV and cover letter addressed to Pam Hinchliffe to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 6th October.
We look forward to hearing from you!